Unbelievable as it sounds, we are getting close to the new year, the years gone so fast, and this often inspires people to get organised and plan ahead. Diaries can be a great product to help your customers achieve their goals in 2024.
Your point of sale (POS) software is the perfect tool to help maximise diary sales in your shop.
Use Your POS Software to Understand Diary Sales Trends
Your POS software has reporting features that can provide valuable insights into your diary sales from previous years. Specifically, your software can show you:
- Which diary designs, sizes, and types sold well at different times of the year
- Tell you last year's sales, which will indicate what this year's sales will be. Make sure you have sufficient stock on hand to meet customer demand.
- Related products that customers tend to purchase alongside diaries (e.g. cards, nice pens) use your companion reports.
Prominently Display Diaries In-Store
It would help to ensure customers can easily spot your diary selection in-store. Here are some display tips:
- Dedicate prime real estate, like a front counter display, to diaries
- Arrange diaries attractively
- Highlight top sellers; people are drawn to such products
- Put signage and posters to indicate that you sell diaries.
- Do not count on people knowing you have diaries. When serving them, tell them you have them.
Getting diaries front-and-centre maximises the chance of catch-up sales from customers coming in to shop for other items.
Related Products Like Planners
In addition to standard diaries, consider that you can boost sales by also promoting related products such as:
Help customers plan their dream trips and holidays with travel diaries and journals.
Health and Fitness Planners
Tap into New Year's resolutions with diet, exercise, and wellness journals.
Appeal to professionals getting on top of their workflow with work-specific planners. Display alongside nice pens, highlighters, and notepads.
You can organise a successful diary sales campaign this year by utilising your POS software to understand diary sales trends, effectively displaying and promoting diaries in-store, and talking to customers.