It is said that "A picture is worth a thousand words". So as the modern smartphones today have a decent camera, I find it very useful in business today. Some examples that I use pictures for
) When I am sending an email to someone of something, I will attach photographs.
) Many of our clients when they have a problem often they take a snap of the screen and then share it with us together with their query.
) If you are using our point of sale software and need a photo to attach to a stock item in our software, the smartphone can quickly get you that image.
) If you are making a website, you need photos, the smartphone can be a low-cost tool for getting snaps of your shop.
) Sending signed documents by email
Let me make a few tips that work for me.
1) Activate gridlines on your smartphone.
It will make it much easier to position your image if the grid is on.
2) Take a few photos, move around a bit and take a few more and then select the best one. The big advantage an amateur photographer has over a professional is that the amateur can take as many photos as he requires, the professional only gets one shot.
3) If you are taking pictures of objects, find the best spot in the shop first to position the item. Read more here
4) Turn off the flash, it just seems to create problems, if you need to use a light.
5) Remember it does not have to be art, it does not have to be perfect. It is said that “Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst.” Henri Cartier-Bresson