Have you ever wondered why when you go to some shops they ask you if you want an email receipt after they have printed out for you a receipt? It is not saving paper as they have already printed it.
It is marketing, something you can do too.
Here are some figures that show the marketing potential
- While open rates are at a staggering 70.90%, Mailchimp’s newsletters were measured at 17.19%.
- The engagement rate is 8.93%, compared to 2.70% for regular emails.
- The Average Attention Span is 185% higher than regular Emails
Read more figures here
People do read these emails.
Why not send an email receipt and include a marketing notice together with the receipt to advertise specials, discounts, upcoming events or other messages?
Here are some more advantages
- Receipts do not get lost.
- It helps you gather customer email addresses so allowing you to contact them with email and hopefully gain visits and purchases.
- It puts your shop in front of the customer again when they read their emails.